Sugar sequins look so pretty on wedding cakes, they add such a lovely delicate sparkle. I love to use sequins on wedding cakes to embellish sugar lace and to add some extra sparkle to my winter wonderland designs. I'm going to show you how to make sugar sequins using cake lace. In this tutorial I used the sequins cake lace mat and white original cake lace by Claire Bowman.
1. Carefully measure out 50ml of water and pour into a stand mixer.
2. Add four tablespoons of part A powder from the Claire Bowman cake lace set. Mix on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add half a teaspoon of Part B liquid from the Claire Bowman cake lace set.
4. Mix on high for about 5 minutes until the cake lace looks smooth.
5. Pour a small amount of Cake Lace mixture onto the sequin mat and spread out with a knife.
6. Once the sequin mat is completely covered, bake in oven at 70°C - 80°C for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove the mat from the oven and once cooled remove the individual sequins from mat.
8. Brush the large and small cake lace sequins with lustre dust. I love to use squires kitchen snowflake for a really sparkly look.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I'd love to see any cakes you have made using cake lace sugar sequins. You can find even more tutorials in my online shop.